Duration: One Day (8 hours)
Simulation Delivery: Classroom
Number of participants: 8 – 12
Related Framework: ITIL®
|Course ID: ITL9327SIM
Language: English, Dutch, Russian, Spanish
This Business Simulation focuses on Business and IT Alignment. In this one day interactive workshop the you become the management of the company called Grab@pizza. One part of the team acts as an IT Management Team and the other acts like a Business Management team. This Business Simulation will teach you how to become a High Performance IT department. You will be faced with the need to align your IT capabilities to changing business needs, reflecting the challenges facing many IT organizations.
You will act as the business manager and the IT team of the company called Grab@Pizza. The business must recover from a bad first quarter and has made a challenging plan to bring the sales and profit back to planned. It must work closely together with the business to plan all the development and changes. But also support the users. Aim is to avoid serious downtime and bring value to the business. The team will have to use the ITSM principles and will experience how to combine the Servicio Value, Outcome, Costs and Risks. The team will run 6 small rounds with time for reflection and improvements. Audience: IT management, Process Managers, Business Managers But also IT employees working in various ITSM processes and IT functions and roles. Learning Objectives: Each of the simulations will be customized towards your own organizational learning objectives and problems to be solved. You will have demonstrated your understanding of:
- What is Business and IT Alignment
- How to apply ITSM on tactical level
- How to bring value to the business
- How to apply Service Strategy / Service Design / CSI
- How to align the IT processes within the value chain
- Understand effective communication on different levels in the organisation
- Understand how to create real partnership between business and IT
Benefits of Taking This Simulation:
- Develop Customer Focus
- Apply ITSM at a Strategic Level
- Align IT and business decision making
- Create Business Value
- Improve Team Work
“During Grab@Pizza I was playing the Business Manager, I realized that I was making my decisions based on Business Value. This is something I don’t see in our organization.”
A happy student
Basic understanding of ITSM.
- ITIL Foundation
The training organization will bring the required equipment and materials for playing the simulation. Agenda: The business simulation is typically played as a 1-day simulation, and there are 6 rounds in the simulation, which represent 6 months.
|09:00 – 09:15||Introduction of the workshop|
|09:15 – 09:30||Introduction Grab@Pizza|
|09:30 – 10:00||Month 7|
|10:00 – 10:15||Short reflection within teams Score preparation of the teacher Reorganize roles|
|10:15 – 10:45||Month 8|
|10:45 – 11:00||Break Score preparation of the teacher|
|11:00 – 11:30||Reflection I|
|11:30 – 12:00||Month 9|
|12:00- 12:15||Short reflection within teams Score preparation of the teacher Reorganize roles|
|12:15 – 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 – 13:30||Month 10|
|13:30 – 13:45||Short reflection within teams Score preparation of the teacher Reorganize roles|
|13:45 – 14:15||Reflection II|
|14:15 – 14:30||Break|
|14:30 – 15:00||Month 11|
|15:00 – 15:15||Short reflection within teams Score preparation of the teacher Reorganize roles|
|15:15 – 15:45||Month 12|
|15:45 – 16:00||Score preparation month 12 Short reflection within teams|
|16:00 – 17:00||Closure of the Day|
Activities in each Month 7,8,9,10,11
- Analyze the reports and the current situation of Grab@Pizza using all the available data and information.
- Solve all calls that have occurred using Service Desk and Incident Management (and if needed the Supplier).
- Analyze closed calls using Problem Management and try to identify Known Errors (KE’s) and the related Requests For Changes (RFC).
- Analyze the Business Demands and examine the impact on the IT Infrastructure. If needed identify RFC’s
- Analyze the performance of the IT Infrastructure and decide which components need replacing or upgrading(RFC)
- Plan your Changes. Plan preparation of the Change Projects, plan development activities and plan the implementation of the changes using the Change Calendar.
- Prepare the IT Financial Reports of Month 7 and hand this over to the game leader.
After this the game leader will prepare the Grab@Pizza financial overview and will identify the impact of the team choices on the number of calls that will be caused by their choices. At this time the team will have a short reflection moment to discuss their team process, when the game leader has finished the reporting he will show the team the report. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
SGI Consulting GroupDirección: Calle 109 # 18c-17, OFICINA 507 - Bogotá, Colombia.
Teléfonos:Fijo: +57 1 6294114 / Móvil: +57 1 315 3170252 / FAX: +57 1 6294114 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org