ENTERPRISE GOVERNANCE AND ARCHITECTURE
Duration: 1 day
Simulation Delivery: <Classroom,
Number of participants: 8 – 16
Related Framework: PRINCE2
Course ID: SIM1201
Language: English, Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian
The business simulation Bridge-it is a wonderful vehicle for discussing and experiencing project management according to PRINCE2. The set-up of Bridge-it contains a complete series of projects with a rising scale of difficulty. Furthermore, participants must incorporate the project results into a running business. A running business for which the project results cannot come quickly enough in order to achieve its operating targets, but that suffers from them at the same time. It suffers from them because they are ‘over the wall’, ‘just too late’, ‘too expensive’, ‘don’t quite fit’, and because annoying but essential repair and finishing activities are required.
Bridge-it is frequently used to help organizations think about managing projects and programs in a more general sense, separately from any type of project management method. Besides being able to apply the method, project managers and team members must have skills and experience in terms of group dynamics, conflict management and leadership. In other words.. they need to learn to sail in stormy weather!
Bridge-it is set in a small theme park that has joined an American chain of theme parks: “FamilyFunFormula”. In order to attract an audience and to recoup the investment, the park’s operators require new, larger, and better attractions each year. Innovation teams develop these attractions, and after development the attractions are operated by the Park Management Department. Clearly, things go wrong as a result of the “wall of confusion” between the various departments, and the investors are seriously concerned about the future of the organization.
The simulation follows a solid instructional design approach to achieve results. There is a planning phase (what is the plan), and execution phase (building and deploying), followed by a reflection phase (what happened). During the reflection phase reference is made to PRINCE2 principles and theory, and these are connected to real life situations of the organization the participants are working for.
Managers and operatives from both Business, Development and IT-Operations.
- PRINCE2 principles, processes and themes
- Relations between Business and IT from various perspectives
- Tips and traps of implementation
- The importance of the human factor
- Delivering service and products to your customer
elements Benefits of Simulations:
You are emerged in a real life simulated environment. You will have to apply and adopt the theory to succeed in the business simulation. The power behind the simulation comes from gamification: game thinking and game mechanics are used in a non-game context to solving problems. This fun, experiential and effective delivery method ensures that new learning ‘sticks’. Mistakes can be made and you will learn from the simulation, your peers and the instructor (game leader).
Benefits of Taking This Simulation:
- The participant has become versed in the PRINCE2 theory, structure and basic concepts (Knowledge)
- The participant is familiar with the various Project management processes and understands how they are related (Process awareness)
- The participant is capable of recognizing roles, targets and responsibilities, and can take action accordingly (Process-based working)
- The candidate appreciates collaboration and is able to adapt at times in order to be more effective and efficient as a team (Cooperation)
- The participant understands that his or her work is oriented towards the creation of value for customers (Customer-oriented working)
- There are no prerequisites for this simulation
- If the simulation is conducted as an incompany simulation, please keep in mind that there is a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 participants required.
The training organization will bring the required equipment and materials for playing the simulation.
- The business simulation is typically played as a 1-day simulation, and there are 3 – 5 rounds to the simulation depending on the learning objectives.
- If an entire day is too long, there are possibilities also to deliver the simulation in half a day, with a special scenario.
Bridge-it is a copyrighted trademark of Simagine, All rights reserved.
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited
SGI Consulting GroupDirección: Calle 109 # 18c-17, OFICINA 507 - Bogotá, Colombia.
Teléfonos:Fijo: +57 1 6294114 / Móvil: +57 1 315 3170252 / FAX: +57 1 6294114 / E-mail: email@example.com